This section describes troubleshooting and limitations for the Web Services protocol.
Tip: For general VuGen troubleshooting and limitations, see Troubleshooting and Limitations for VuGen.
Issue: When you run a web_service_call function, the function may fail because a security token is included in the response.
Workaround: Use the web_service_set_option function to turn on the DoNotValidateSecurity option, using the syntax below:
If your script contains one of the following API functions: web_service_call, web_service_set_security, or web_service_set_security_saml, you will encounter an error if WSE 2.0 SP3 and WSE 3.0 are not installed.
- First, activate .NET 3.5. For Windows 8.1/2012 R2, turn on the feature as described in the MSDN. For Windows 7/2008 R2, download and install .NET Framework 3.5.
- Next, install the WSE components from the LoadRunner DVD folders, lrunner\Common\wse20sp3 and lrunner\Common\wse30, or download them from the Internet.
- The Record default web browser option in the Recording Wizard, is only supported for Internet Explorer.
- For large SOAP envelopes, Record and Replay snapshots are disabled.
- The Import SOAP feature is not supported for envelopes containing a single element larger than 500KB.
- Recording requests with attachments or security is not supported.
- For Axis toolkit, Web service calls that include both attachments and security are not supported.
- For .NET toolkit, SOAP version 1.2 is not supported for asynchronous calls.
- You can enter text strings up to 10 KB to encode to base 64. If your string is larger, use the Get from file option.
- VuGen supports Web Service messages over JMS message Queue, but does not support JMS Topics.
- If the response is MIME format, replay may fail for Web services imported through the .NET toolkit.
Workaround: Insert a web_service_set_option function before the web_service_call. Enable the HandleMIMEResponse attribute:
- JMS Bindings Extensions are not supported.
- All services in your script should have the same security scenario. This can be configured via the Protocols and Security tab.
- Asynchronous Web Service calls and custom user handlers are not supported for WCF.
- LoadRunner cannot replay scripts containing the soa_xml_validate function.
When using Update service, steps that are already in the script will not display the updated properties (in the step argument view) until you close and reopen the application. After you reopen the app, step arguments are updated. If the script is open when performing "update service", then on the script view arguments, the application throws an exception.
Workaround: Close the script file while running "update service", or reopen the test after running "update service".
A Web Service script might not open when you import the WDSL with the Axis toolkit.Workaround: Import the WDSL with the .NET toolkit.
If there is a problem recreating the scripts, do the following:
- Create a new test.
- Import the WSDL using .NET toolkit.
- Go to the directory of the new script.
- Copy the folder "WSDL" and paste it on the directory of the old script.
- In the directory of the old script open the default.cfg file.
- Under [WebServices] header, change "Toolkit=Axis" to "Toolkit=.NET" .