This section describes troubleshooting and limitations for the Silverlight protocol.
Tip: For general VuGen troubleshooting and limitations, see Troubleshooting and Limitations for VuGen.
While recording a site developed in Silverlight, the Install Silverlight step is recorded even though recording process did not include installing the Silverlight plug-in.
Configure the runtime settings to exclude the following address: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=108181
Select the runtime settings > Internet Protocol > Download Filters Node.
Select the Exclude addresses in list radio button.
Click Add and add http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=108181 to the list.
Note: The ?LinkId=108181 portion of the URL address may not be static over time and may need to be updated.
- REST services do not generate Silverlight service calls. However they can be recorded and replayed.
- You cannot edit the WSDL location in the Protocol and Security Scenario dialog box.
- The Update button in the Silverlight Service node of the Recording Options dialog box updates the service if the WSDL location has not changed.
- If the WSDL location has changed, the service is re-imported (delete service and import service).
- Duplex (Polling) Binding for WCF Web Services is not supported.
- Silverlight 4 and 5 clients are supported, however applications developed using the new communication features such as net.tcp binding are not supported.
- The VuGen snapshot viewer does not support Silverlight controls.
- The Silverlight Protocol does not support applications which use Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.