Network Virtualization (NV) Analytics Report
- This report is only available for Web HTTP/HTML, TruClient Web, Flex, Mobile HTTP, SAP Web and Siebel Web protocols and where the NV Analytics report has been installed on the VuGen machine. The report is not supported when replaying in TruClient Chromium, but is available for TruClient Firefox and TruClient Internet Explorer.
- The report is not supported for WinINet replay mode (set for a Web Vuser in Replay > Runtime Settings > Internet Protocol > Preferences > Advanced).
- The report cannot be created if several instances of VuGen are running at the same time.
- The Network Virtualization report only supports IPv4 network traffic-not IPv6.
This section describes how to view and analyze the results generated by the NV Analytics report.
NV Analytics assists in pinpointing factors that negatively impact an application's performance across a network. NV Analytics performs its analysis based on packet list data, then displays the resulting data in informative reports that provide insight into an application's operation. The NV Analytics report consists of several subreports, each displaying different aspects of network data captured during the replay of a Vuser script.
The report includes performance optimization recommendations as well as HTTP analysis and resources breakdown, as well as load times, component download analysis, response time breakdown, and details of errors received.
Opening the NV Analytics Report
- Make sure the NV Analytics component is properly installed in order to generate the NV Analytics report. See the LoadRunner Installation Guide for details of how to install NV Analytics on the VuGen machine. Once NV Analytics is installed the report is automatically generated. To disable report generation see, Display Network Virtualization (NV) Analytics report.
- Open the report by clicking the link in the Replay Summary page (displayed after script replay).
Note: For long scripts, generating the report may take time. Click Cancel to discard report generation.
NV Analytics Report Overview
The report opens in the Overview page. The Overview page displays all actions contained in your script. Each action is assigned a performance score with a letter (from A to F) and a percentage, as well as details of the throughput and time taken to complete the action. Action scores and the performance optimization recommendations can be different for Mobile and Desktop clients. By default, the Overview page opens with details for desktop performance. Click Desktop to see the results for mobile. Click any action to view the detailed report for that action or click the dropdown at the top to see the list of actions.
The NV for Analytics report consists of the following sections: