How to Create a Cross-Vuser Transaction
Cross-Vuser transactions are transactions that allow you to measure the duration of a process that involves multiple Vusers. For details, see Cross-Vuser Transaction Overview.
This task describes how to create and run a cross-Vuser transaction:
Open the Steps Toolbox (from VuGen's View menu) and manually add lr_start_cross_vuser_transaction functions at the beginning of the transactions.
- Drag in lr_end_cross_vuser_transaction functions to your script to mark the end of the transactions.
- Fill in the Transaction name and Transaction ID fields. Make sure you create a unique ID for your transaction. For guidelines, see the Cross-Vuser Transaction Overview. Note that you can parameterize the transaction ID as any other standard parameter. For details, see How to Create a Parameter.
- Replay the script in VuGen to check its functionality. Check the Replay Results report for any error messages.
- To run the script in the Controller, configure the post-collation settings:
- In the Controller, select Tools > Options and click the Execution tab.
- In the Post Collate Command area, enter the following string: CrossVuserTransProcess.exe "%ResultDir%". For details, see Options > Execution Tab.
- Run the script in the Controller. Check the Errors tab for errors.
- Open the results in LoadRunner Analysis. Note that the Vuser ID shown in the Analysis, is not related to the transaction ID you assigned to the cross-Vuser transaction.
- If you need to debug the test, refer to the crossvusertrans_error_report.txt file in the results folder. If your results folder does not contain the crossvusertrans_error_report.txt, CrossVuserTrans.exe, and CrossVuserTrans.map files, make sure that the Post Collate Command is set properly on the machine (described above).