Note: VuGen's code regeneration overwrites all manual changes that you made to a recorded script; it only regenerates the recorded functions.
- Click Record > Recording Options. Select Script in the General menu on the left.
- Click OK.
Note: Once you have recorded your script the Language option in the Recording Options dialog box is disabled and can not be changed.
To activate auto-completion on an external js file:
- Add your .js file to the project.
- Right click on the file name and select Add to Parsing List.
Note: If you regenerate your script in another language, any additional files, such as a user-defined .js file, are removed from the parsing list.
Regenerating your Vuser Script
You must have an existing script in C to regenerate your script. You can only regenerate scripts that were recorded. If you write your own script or edit the recorded scripts, your changes are not regenerated.
- Click or Record > Regenerate Script. A warning appears that any changes to the code are overwritten.
- Click Options. The Regenerate Options dialog box appears.
- In the Script section, select the target language to convert the script to.
- Click OK in the Regenerate Options dialog box. Click OK to approve regenerating the code.