Note: This topic applies to RDP Vuser scripts only.
Vuser scripts based on the RDP protocol utilize VuGen's Snapshot pane.
- For details on how to work with the Snapshot pane, see How to Work with Snapshots.
- For details on the Snapshot pane UI, see Snapshot Pane.
When you open an RDP Vuser script, VuGen's standard Snapshot pane functionality is available. The Snapshot pane displays snapshots of the remote display, saved during recording and playback of the Vuser script. Typically, these snapshots are used to synchronize playback of the Vuser script.
In addition to the basic Snapshot pane functionality, the Snapshot pane for RDP Vuser scripts lets you display snapshots in one of the following views:
- Image. Displays only the image of the snapshot and is ideal for visually comparing two images. This view displays the snapshot faster and requires less memory than the Full view. You can synchronize two snapshots in the Snapshot pane if both snapshots are displayed in the Image view. The Image view does not automatically scroll to show the area of a snapshot that is used for synchronization.
- Full. Scrolls to display the area that is used for synchronization. This view displays the snapshot slower and requires more memory than the Image view. You cannot synchronize two snapshots displayed in the Snapshot pane if either of the snapshots is displayed in the Full view. By default, snapshots are displayed in the Full view.
To display a specific synchronization snapshot in the Snapshot pane, do one of the following:
- In the Editor, select the step that contains a reference to the snapshot.
- In the Step Navigator, double-click the step that contains a reference to the snapshot.
When working with RDP Vuser scripts, the Snapshot pane lets you copy a snapshot to the clipboard, and display a snapshot of the most recent replay error. For more information on how to use the Snapshot pane, see How to Work with Snapshots.