This task describes how to create, create from, and rename Vuser script templates.
- Open a script in VuGen.
- Select File > User-Defined Templates > Export to Template.
- Enter a name and location for the template.
- Click OK to create the template.
Select File > New Script and Solution > VuGen > User Templates and select the template file (only available after your create at least one template).
- Select File > User-Defined Templates > Manage from Explorer
In the Explorer dialog box:
- Rename the content file (.zip)
- Rename the description file (.xpt)
Using a text editor, modify the following tags in the .xpt file:
- Name tag:
- File tag src property:
<File name="template_temp.zip" src="
.zip" binary="True" />
- Name tag:
Notes and Limitations
Once you have configured a script for a specific protocol and then saved the script as a template, further scripts based on that template will only work with that same protocol.
Once you have created your template, you cannot edit it directly in VuGen. To make any changes, you open the template and save it again with another name or overwrite the existing template.