This task describes how to configure a terminal sessions on a load generator that is located over a firewall. You configure the terminal sessions as independent virtual load generators. Each virtual load generator must have its own logical name.
If the LoadRunner Agent is not running as a process, on the LoadRunner machine, select Start > All Programs > HP Software > HP LoadRunner > Advanced Settings > Agent Process to run it as a process. In icon-based desktops such as Windows 8, search for Agent Process.
Perform the following steps:
- On the LoadRunner machine, select Start > All Programs > HP Software > HP LoadRunner > Advanced Settings > Agent Configuration to open the Agent Configuration dialog box.
- Select Enable Firewall Agent and Enable Terminal Services.
- Click Settings to open the Agent Configuration Over Firewall Settings dialog box.
- In the Local Machine Key field, enter a logical virtual load generator name, for example,
- Click OK.
- Create one or more terminal sessions on the load generator console machine.
Keep in mind the following:
For each terminal session, run the agent configuration as above. For each session, specify a different Local Machine Key name, for example,
machine _ofw_2, and so on.
If you stop the agent on a terminal session, you must reconfigure the settings for that particular session before restarting the agent.
When selecting the load generator for the scenario in the Controller, select the local machine key for each individual virtual load generator used.