What's New in LoadRunner 12.53
- Git integration in VuGen
- 64-bit replay support in various Java protocols and C Vuser protocol
- New PCoIP (remote access) protocol
- Enhanced SAPUI5 recording in TruClient
- HTTP Video Streaming (HTML5, HLS) support
- HTTP/2 support
- REST step-builder editor in VuGen
- JSON manipulation APIs
- Web - HTTP/HTML and Mobile Application - HTTP/HTML protocol unification
- Linux load generator improvements
- Enhancements to Java-based protocols
- Added in 12.53 Patch 2: Support for NV Insights
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Edge browser
- Visual Studio 2013 add-in
- Visual Studio 2015 add-in
- Upgraded Eclipse IDE add-in
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.2
hLinux (HPE’s Debian-derivative)
- Integration with Git, enabling you to store scripts in a Git repository, improving team collaboration for Agile groups. For details, see Managing Scripts with Git - Overview.
- REST GUI API editor, enabling you to create and test REST API steps in scripts. For details, see How to Create a Script for a REST API.
- Improved support for instant traffic capture files (including PCAP, HAR, SAZ). For details, see How to Create a Vuser Script by Analyzing a Captured Traffic File.
- Ability to check script compatibility for Linux. For details, see Check Linux Compatibility.
- New comparison and merging tool. For details, see Options Dialog Box.
- Optional data collection program, compiling VuGen usage analytics to help improve VuGen quality. For details, see the LoadRunner Installation Guide.
- Improved VuGen user interface, including new Start page, and revamped Tools > Options dialog box.
- Multiple usability improvements in the following areas: Correlations, parameterization and data import, NV Analytics report, menus, and more.
All TruClient help links open the TruClient Help Center.
Changes to browser version support:
- Chromium 46
- Firefox 40.0.3
- Internet Explorer 10 and 11 (Internet Explorer 9 is no longer supported)
Improvements to step end events, including:
- New end event – Object Exists
- Automatic end event per browser
- Reset automatic end event
For details, see Understanding End Events.
Improvements to object identification:
- Automatic object identification now includes a built-in fallback mechanism. For details, see Object Identification.
- Random object identification using Descriptors. For details, see Descriptors.
Improvements to interactive script development:
- Control actions during recording. For details, see Record a TruClient Script.
- Ability to skip Wait steps during script replay. For details, see Debug TruClient scripts.
- Ability to disable the Watch panel from the Interactive Options tab of the General Settings.
- Revamped TruClient Launcher
- Support for non-zipped script folders
- Ability to export script to zips containing runtime files only
For details, see TruClient Editions.
- Support for NV Emulation integration
- Support for NV Analytics Report in VuGen
- Support for speed simulation, available under the Network section in the Run-Time Settings.
- Support for IP Spoofing
- Support for HP Diagnostics integration
TruClient Internet Explorer:
- Improved support for Internet Explorer 10 and 11 cache mechanism
- Stability fixes
General TruClient enhancements:
- Improved ability to record SAPUI5 applications. Recording is supported with all browsers and with increased usability.
Ability to call the parameter’s name directly as an input in the Step Arguments section.
- Support Continue to next step as additional Action on Error, under the Load section in the Run-Time Settings.
- Support for additional VTS (Virtual Table Server) APIs. For details, see TruClient Functions.
- Title argument added to Activate Browser Window step, enabling activation of browser window using the window title. For details, see TruClient Step Arguments.
- Activate tab/window steps now have a retry mechanism with timeout. For details, see TruClient Step Arguments.
- OCR text trapping. For details, see the Function Reference.
Support for user activity simulation in idle session, available from the runtime settings Citrix Synchronization View. For details, see Citrix - Troubleshooting and Limitations.
- Support for 64-bit replay for C Vuser scripts.
- Update to C scripting backend, providing 64-bit integers support (long long, unsigned long long).
- Switched C Interpreter to the latest Microsoft C Runtime.
For details, see the Function Reference.
- Support for Java serialized objects. For details, see Data Format Extension List.
- Support for 64-bit recording.
- Support for Java 8 in the following protocols: Java over HTTP, Java Record Replay (recording RMI and custom hooks sub-protocols only), Java Vuser
- Support for 64-bit recording with Java 8 in the Java Record Replay protocol
- Support for 64-bit replay with Java 8 in protocols Java Record Replay and Java Vuser
- General Java-based protocols usability improvements.
- Changes to the Java VTC API (lrapi.vts.Vtc), to support 64-bit replay mode. The Vtc handler is now long instead of int. For details, see the Function Reference.
Oracle - 2-Tier:
- Support for Oracle Database 12c.
- New VuGen protocol, PCoIP (remote access), based on Teradici’s PC-over-IP technology; providing ability to record and replay scripts, load test, and perform analysis. For details, see Teradici PCoIP Protocol.
- Support for SAPGUI 7.40.
Web – HTTP/HTML & Mobile Application - HTTP/HTML:
- Support for recording HTTP video streaming (on HTML5 and HLS), providing unified APIs to perform common video player actions, and providing streaming metrics (lagging, buffering, and more). For details, see How to Record Streaming Media in Web - HTTP/HTML.
- Support for HTTP/2 recording and replay, including multiplexing. For details, see How to Record HTTP/2 .
- Support for the Microsoft Edge browser. For details, see Start Recording Dialog Box.
- Support for Server Name Indication (SNI). For details, see How To Record and Replay on servers with SNI Enabled.
- New APIs to manipulate and edit JSON data (similar to existing XML API). For details, see the Function Reference.
- The Web - HTTP/HTML protocol was unified with the Mobile Application - HTTP/HTML protocol (and the Mobile Application - HTTP/HTML protocol removed from VuGen). The unified protocol includes support for parsing capture files generated by mobile devices. For details, see Web - HTTP/HTML - Recording Methods for Mobile Applications.
- Support selection of a certificate file for web services. For details, see Security Tokens and Encryption.
- Improved support for CDATA sections. For details, see How to Add Content.
- New web_service_set_option API for controlling different web service call options. For details, see the Function Reference.
- New cloud provider – DigitalOcean. You can now provision load generators with Amazon EC2, Microsoft Azure, Google Compute Engine, and DigitalOcean. For details, see Custom Cloud Images for LoadRunner 12.53 in the HPLN LoadRunner page.
- Compatibility check for script version to load generator version. For details, see How to Run a Scenario.
- Support for NV Insights. The NV Insights Report provides information on the behavior of your application, as if it was performing under “real” network conditions. The NV Insights functionality is available only when HPE Network Virtualization is installed on the Controller machine. For more information, see NV Insights Report.
- Improved Analysis user interface, including new look for the HTML report.
- Analysis Summary report includes breakdown per location, enabling you to analyze and compare the transaction behavior between different virtual locations. For details, see Summary Report Overview.
- Improved VTS server security, using CLI tool. For details, see the VTS Help.
- A new certificate manager tool enabling improved handling of CA and SSL certificates. For details, see How to Configure Client-Server Authentication.
- Installation process now does a compatibility check for required Windows updates. For details, see Windows Updates in the Installation Guide.
Integration with recent versions of the following products:
- Mobile Center: Additional configuration options for TruClient – Native Mobile scripts. For details, select the relevant version in the Mobile Center Help and see the Performance Testing section.
- Service Virtualization: Support for Windows 10
- Network Virtualization
- Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Performance Center
- Business Process Monitor (BPM)
- Jenkins plugin:
- HP Application and Automation Tools integration with Jenkins version 4.01.
- Jenkins SLA and report improvements. For details, see the Jenkins Wiki page.
For more details about the supported integrations for LoadRunner, see the Integration Support Matrices.
For details about the supported versions, see the Product Availability Matrix, available from the Software Support site.
What's New in LoadRunner 12.50
LoadRunner 12.53 includes the enhancements added to LoadRunner 12.50, as described below.
- Improvements in LoadRunner integration with HP Network Virtualization:
Network Virtualization Analytics report provides advanced network performance breakdown, including optimization suggestions.
Network Virtualization emulation provides support for additional protocols.
TruClient record and replay is now supported in Chromium, enabling cross-browser capabilities such as the ability to record in one browser and replay in another.
- LoadRunner Help Center is accessible both locally and online.
For details about these highlights, see the sections below and their associated links.
- Google Compute Engine available as a cloud provider in the Controller.
- Support of GWT DFE on Linux.
- Support for the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox browsers.
- Support for latest versions of Eclipse and Selenium.
- Updated Linux load generator matrix with extended support for 64-bit systems. For details, see the section Supported Linux distributions in the LoadRunner 12.50 Readme file.
Simplified process for creating a test with Network Virtualization Integration:
- Predefined virtual locations.
- Simpler access to the Network Virtualization settings from the LoadRunner user interface.
- Ability to define virtual locations for all protocols. For details, see the Product Availability Matrix, available from the Software Support site.
- New Analysis graph comparing transaction response times by location.
- Unified licensing management (LoadRunner and Network Virtualization).
- The default installation of LoadRunner includes a Network Virtualization Community license with two free Vusers capable of running in virtual locations.
- Enhanced replay summary in VuGen, with Network Virtualization statistics for Web-based and TruClient - Web protocols.
- A fully functional version of NV Analytics with a 30-day license.
- Network Virtualization Analytics Standalone and Predictor integrations, providing feedback that enables you to improve your Web application performance. Analytics Standalone and Predictor are separate installations, available in the DVD/Additional Components/HP NV folder.
For details, see NV Analytics Report.
Web - HTTP/HTML:
Usability enhancements in GWT DFE mechanism.
Ability to generate WebSocket code directly from pcap files. For details, see Analyzing Traffic.
Ability to create Vuser Script from HTTP Archive (HAR) files. For details, see Analyzing Traffic.
Support for 64-bit recording in Google Chrome.
Ability to set default SSL level in Runtime settings. For details, see Preferences View - Internet Protocol.
- Initial Authentication for NTLM and Kerberos authentications. For details, see web_set_sockets_option in the Function Reference.
Correlation settings enhancements, with improvements to the TestPad dialog box and ability to exclude content types through the user interface. For details, see Correlations > Configuration Recording Options.
Automatic password hiding within script code. For details, see HTTP Properties > Advanced Recording Options.
Recording alerts, issuing warnings to indicate that SSL is not being recorded.
For details on all of the below, see the TruClient Help Center (select the relevant version).
New protocol, TruClient - Web, allows cross-record and replay between Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chromium browsers. A script recorded with one browser, can be replayed in another browser.
- Ability to convert TruClient - Firefox or TruClient - IE scripts to TruClient - Web.
- New toolbox step, If Browser, allows you to add browser-specific steps.
- A global watch panel allows you to view variable values using breakpoints.
- Support for download filters in TruClient - Web scripts. For details, see the hints in the Network > Download Filters view of the Runtime settings (F4).
- TruClient Event Handlers support for the following dialog boxes: alert, confirm, prompt, and authentication.
- Ability to mark Generic Browser steps as optional.
- Improved reporting, by designating the time spent on object identification for optional steps that were not replayed, as wasted time.
Enhancements to the user interface:
- Ability to group multiple steps into an action.
- Ability to rename a function library.
- Ability to close dialog boxes using the Esc key.
- Ability to open context sensitive help using the F1 key from all dialog boxes.
- Ability to apply a dark theme to the TruClient sidebar.
- A TruClient standalone setup file allows you to install TruClient independent of VuGen. Access the setup file in the Standalone Applications folder under the installation media's root folder.
Support for XenApp with App-V.
Ability to override recorded synchronization area by specifying exact values for top-left point, width, and height of the synchronization area in the Snapshot Pane.
Ability to synchronize when launching the Citrix agent. For details, see ctrx_wait_for_event in the Function Reference.
Improved Citrix Recording Tipswith additional tips and guidelines.
Support for Async and Await modifiers for Asynchronous Calls.
The filter manager is now a dockable pane, accessible from the View menu. For details, see .NET Recording Filter Pane.
You can manage a method's inclusion or exclusion from the VuGen editor's context menu. For details, see Guidelines for Setting .NET Filters.
Web Services: Ability to create Vuser script from Fiddler .saz files. For details, see Create a Script by Analyzing Traffic (Web Services).
RDP: Session management improvements, with ability to resume unclosed sessions and terminate sessions at the end of a replay. For details, see the field descriptions in the RDP > Advanced view in the Runtime settings.
POP3, SMTP, IMAP: When recording a login step in which an IP address was specified, the script saves the IP address instead of the host name. For details, see Mailing Service Protocols Overview.
RTE: New explicit disconnect API command. For details, see the TE_disconnect in the Function Reference.
SAP - Web, Siebel - Web: Support for remote and local proxy recording. For details, see Recording via a Proxy - Overview.
Java over HTTP: Support for DFE extensions (with the exception of GWT).
Windows Sockets: Support for SSL. For details, see lrs_start_ssl in the Function Reference.
- Improved replay statistics details and ability to view results for script actions.
Export replay statistics to PDF.
Link to Network Virtualization Analytics reports for Web-based and TruClient protocols.
For details, see Replay Summary Pane.
- Proxy recording enhancements: Support of traffic filtering, client-side certificates, and error detection. For details, see Recording via a Proxy - Overview.
- Ability to enable/disable Async rules when recording a script. For details, see Asynchronous Options Dialog Box.
- Correlation support for JSON content type. For details, see web_reg_save_param_json in the Function Reference.
Ability to edit and save all file types in VuGen code Editor Pane.
- Enhanced keyboard support for the Runtime Settings views. For details, see Runtime Settings Overview.
- Updated to OpenSSL version 1.0.2d incorporating all of the latest security fixes.
- FIPS Windows compatibility.
Docker installation for Linux load generators. For details, see the
LoadRunner Installation Guide.
HP Mobile Center:
HP Service Virtualization:
Integration with HP Service Virtualization 3.70.
- Auto deploy functionality allowing services to be deployed automatically when test run begins. For details, see
How to Use Service Virtualization when Designing Scenarios.
HP Service Virtualization Setup Dialog Boxfor configuring services before the test run.
HP Service Virtualization Runtime Dialog Boxallowing interaction with services during runtime.
- Jenkins plugin: HP Application and Automation Tools integration with Jenkins version 1.602.
- Integration with recent versions of the following HP products:
- HP Diagnostics
- HP SiteScope
- HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- HP Performance Center
- HP Business Process Monitor (BPM)