Before adding cloud accounts to LoadRunner, make sure you have a cloud account with one of the supported providers, such as Amazon EC2 or Microsoft Azure.
To add a cloud account to LoadRunner, and thereby make the account available to host load generators:
- Open the Controller.
- Click Tools > Manage Cloud Accounts. The Manage Cloud Accounts dialog box opens, and lists all the accounts that are available to host load generators. For details, see Manage Cloud Accounts Dialog Box.
- Click the button.
- Enter a name for the cloud account. If required, you can modify the name later.
Select the provider of the cloud account.
Note: LoadRunner supports cloud accounts on specified cloud providers only. See Custom Cloud images at HPLN LoadRunner File Repository for a list of the providers.
- Specify the provider-specific information for your account, For example, for Amazon EC2, provide the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key that are required to access the account.
Note: You cannot create multiple accounts using the same provider and the same access key.
- Specify how long to wait after the end of a failed scenario before removing the load generators from the account. This is useful if the collation did not complete successfully and you need time to determine why it failed.
- Select the network profile. The network profile defines the connection between the Controller and the cloud providers. Set the connection parameters in the proxy settings section of the Network Profile Manager dialog box. For details on how to create a network profile, see Network Profile Manager Dialog Box.
- Click Save.
Tip: To edit the details of a cloud account that appears in the list of accounts that are available to host load generators, click the appropriate button.
For background information on adding accounts to the list of accounts that can host load generators, see Managing Cloud Accounts - Overview.