This task describes how to create a Mobile Application - HTTP/HTML Vuser script using a network traffic file (capture file).
Option 1 - Create a script in Windows Explorer from an existing Fiddler or packet capture file
You can create a Vuser script directly from a pcap, saz (Fiddler), or har file. Open Windows Explorer on the machine upon which VuGen is installed. Select a pcap, saz (Fiddler), or har file and choose Create VuGen script from the Windows Explorer's right-click menu. VuGen opens a new instance with the capture file converted to a Mobile Application - HTTP/HTML script.
Note: The wizard engine does not support .saz files with password protection.
Option 2 - Create a script from using VuGen's Recording Wizard
- Create a new Mobile Application - HTTP/HTML script in VuGen.
- Click the Start Record button to start the recording wizard. Select the Analyze Traffic method.
- Browse to the capture file with a .pcap, .lrcap, .saz, or .har extension. Specify the section of the script into which you want to load the traffic: vuser_init, Action, or vuser_end.
- Indicate whether you want to analyze server or client side traffic. For details, see Analyzing Traffic.
- To analyze traffic from a secure server, click the SSL Configuration button to add its certificates (not available for *.har files; configure the SSL through Fiddler). For details, see SSL Configuration Dialog Box.
For details, see the Recording Wizard.
Note: If you have load on the server that prevents getting responses on time, you can create a script based on requests only, by editing the registry.
Start regedit and add a DWORD key to the below location:
Location: Software\\Mercury Interactive\\LoadRunner\\Protocols\\HTTP\\Analyzer\ Key: AllowAutomaticOutApiEvents = 1