This section describes troubleshooting and limitations for SAP GUI, SAP-Web, and SAP (Click & Script) protocols.
- You cannot define transactions to measure time of a subset of steps performed in a modal dialog.
- During recording, if you double-click on a tree-view tree cell outside of its text, VuGen records "Select" instead of "Activate." This results in a missing POST in replay.
- If the list of retrieved values contains a scroll bar, you cannot select an item that requires scrolling in order to retrieve from the server.
- Scalability is lower than the SAP Web protocol, depending on the size and functionality of the business process.
- Does not support the Replace with Alternate Navigation runtime setting.
- In certain SAP environments (such as 6.20 and 6.40), the replay fails for tests that call the web_element function and select an element whose tag name is "TD".
- During recording, if you use a keyboard option instead of a UI element (for example, pressing Enter instead of clicking the log on button), the step may not be recorded. In general, when recording your script, it is recommended to use UI elements rather than keyboard options.
If a business process in SAP GUI 7.30 includes selecting an item from a Combo-list, the business process may not be correctly replayed in LoadRunner versions 9.52 and higher.
Workaround: Add the path of the SAP GUI installation folder to the Windows PATH environment variable.
- Recording is not supported for the SAP GUI Security dialog box.
Recording is not supported for standard Windows dialog boxes (for example Save or Open) which are opened from the SAP GUI client.
If you encounter a warning during SAP GUI recording: "Sizing conflicts exist on the screen…" it may affect replay. Headers Dialog Box
Workaround: Disable the warning in the SAP GUI application:
- Click the right-most button on the SAP GUI toolbar (or click Alt+F2) to open the Customize Local Layout screen.
- Select the SAP Internal sub-menu.
- Clear the Enable dialog box for screen size check box.
Answer: In LoadRunner, make sure that the LoadRunner Remote Agent is running in Process mode. Service mode is not supported. For more information, see How to Replay SAP GUI Scripts.
Answer: Some SAP GUI controls are only supported in their menu or toolbar contexts. Try performing the problematic task using a different means—through a menu option, context menu, toolbar, and so on.
Verify that you have the latest patch of SAP GUI 6.20 installed. The lowest allowed patch level is patch 32.
Make sure that scripting is enabled. See the How to Configure the SAP Environment.
Verify that notifications are disabled in the SAP GUI for Windows client. Click the Customizing of Local Layout button or press ALT+F12. Click Options and select the Scripting tab. Clear both Notify options.
Answer: Certain SAP applications store the last layout for each user (such as which frames are visible or hidden). If the stored layout was changed since the script was recorded, this may cause replay problems. For Example, in the ME52N transaction, the Document overview Off/On button will change the number of visible frames.
If this occurs:
Navigate the transaction to the same point as it was during recording, before starting replay. You can use the Snapshot viewer to see the layout in which it was recorded.
Add statements to the script that bring the transaction to the desired layout during replay. For example, if an optional frame interferes with your replay, insert a verification function that checks if the frame is open. If it is open, click a button to close it. For verification examples, see How to Enhance SAP GUI Scripts.
Answer: No, VuGen does not support the single sign-on connection mechanism. In your SAP GUI client, open the Advanced Options and clear the Enable Secure Network Communication feature. Note that you must re-record the script after you modify the Connection preferences.
Answer: Recording is not available for objects not supported by SAP GUI Scripting. See your recording log for information about those objects.
Answer: VuGen does not support business processes that invoke Microsoft Office module controls, nor those that require the use of GuiXT. You can disable GuiXT from the SAP GUI for Windows client Options menu.
Answer: This sometimes occurs when using SAP GUI Client 7.20. To resolve this issue, copy the saplogon.ini file from %APPDATA%\SAP\Common where %APPDATA% stands for the environment variable specifying the Application Data folder located directly below the user profile folder. Paste the file to the %WINDIR% folder (C:\Windows).