Eclipse provides you with additional tools to view, edit, and debug your Java Vuser (such as Java Record Replay and Java over HTTP) scripts. You can add breakpoints, view variable values, add references, and edit the script in the Eclipse editor using IntelliSense.
The VuGen and Eclipse integration allows you to configure the script as you would in VuGen, from the Eclipse IDE. A Vuser menu added to the Eclipse IDE, provides access to the Parameter List, runtime settings, run/stop control, and scenario creation.
To open the Vuser script in Eclipse:
- Make sure you have Eclipse 4.2 or higher on your machine, running with JDK 1.7.
- Set the location of the Eclipse IDE in the Scripting > Java node in VuGen's Options dialog box. For details, see Scripting Options.
- Create a Java script (Java Vuser, Java Record Replay, Java over HTTP, and so forth).
- Click the Open Script in Eclipse button on the VuGen toolbar. If this is your first time using Eclipse from within VuGen, it will automatically install the VuGen Eclipse plugin.
- Double-click the appropriate section, such as Actions.java, to edit the code.
- Use the Vuser menu to define parameters, configure runtime settings, and run the script directly from the Eclipse IDE.