This tasks describes how to record a TruClient script.
Create a TruClient script
From the Create a New Script dialog box, select
For information about creating a VuGen script, see Creating or Opening Vuser Scripts.
From the toolbar, select a browser type:
Note: *Chromium is an open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws it source code.
From the TruClient sidebar, select File > New.
From the TruClient Launcher do the following:
Action How to Select a script type
From the TruClient Launcher select a script type:
- TruClient Web.Use TruClient to record a business process in a browser (Firefox, Chromium or IE).
- Mobile Web. Use TruClient to record a business process in a mobile browser such as Safari.
- Native Mobile. Use TruClient to record a native application using a mobile device located in the HP Mobile Center.
Select a browser
From the TruClient launcher, select a browser type to record your script. You can select from one of the following:
- Firefox. Open-source web browser developed for Windows, OS X, and Linux.
Chromium. Open-source web browser project from which Google Chrome draws it source code.
- Internet Explorer. Browser developed for Microsoft Windows.
Navigate to the desired starting website and click the Record button . All of your actions will be recorded and displayed in the TruClient Sidebar on the left as you perform your business process. You can stop recording by selecting the Stop button . You can continue recording from any point in the script.
To record into a different section of the script, right-click a step and select Record > Record after or Record > Record before to record new steps into that location of the script. If you are recording into a group step, select Record > Record into. For more information on group steps, seeTruClient Home tab.
Replay the script
It is recommended that you replay the script at least twice, correcting any errors that occur during the process. After two successful consecutive replays, you can move on to the next step. If you continue to experience errors, see Debug TruClient Scripts.
Script action details can be seen in the TruClient Sidebar Status Pane.
Save the script
Select File > Save or File > Save as to save the script.
Tip: General Tips Regarding Successful Interactive Replay
Do not switch between applications during interactive replay. Keep the browser in focus.
This is especially important when the Related Objects feature is used, as resizing may change the relative position of the objects.
- Do not re-size the browser between record and replay and during replay. This can cause objects to move and interfere with TruClient's ability to locate them.
- Any customizations (such as bookmarks) that you make within this instance of broswer will not be saved globally. This is because TruClient opens each script in a unique browser profile. If you want to use the browser for any use other than creating this script (e.g. browsing the Internet), we recommend that you open an additional browser window.