Introduction to TruClient
TruClient is a tool for recording Web-based applications. The TruClient engine records your actions as you navigate through your business process. It creates a script in real-time, allowing you to see the steps as they are performed in a sidebar.
Select an image to learn more.
TruClient provides you with the tools to record Web-based applications.
TruClient end-to-end workflow
The following tasks describes the end-to end work flow to develop a robust TruClient script that can replay iteratively with no errors.
Record a business process interactively in the browser.
The TruClient engine records your actions as you navigate through your business process. It creates a script in real-time, containing a series of steps that are displayed as they are performed in the sidebar.
Note: Alternatively, you can create a scripts by manually adding steps from the toolbox. For details, see the TruClient Toolbox.
Capture a value to a string demonstrates how to manually add steps to a script.
Replay the script to automatically assign end event.
Steps in TruClient scripts are asynchronous, meaning, one step does not necessarily need to end before the next step can begin. The end event of each step determines when the subsequent step will start.
After you record a script, you will need to replay it, possibly multiple times, until each step is assigned the correct end event.
Debug the script
After the initial replay, the script may still contain replay errors related to object identification. Object identification, TruClient's ability to identify an object, such as a button or image, often causes issues during replay. TruClient provides several tools to resolve object identification such as alternate steps and modifying an object's identification method specifically using descriptors.
For general debugging tips, see Debug TruClient Scripts.
Enhance the script
The TruClient user interface is made up of the following sections:
- TruClient Sidebar. The heart of the interface, the sidebar contains all the tools you need to develop your TruClient scripts.
- TruClient Toolbox. The toolbox contains all of the steps that you can add to a TruClient script. The toolbox opens and closes by clicking on the tab, and moves by dragging it up or down.
- Browser Navigation Bar. Enter the URL of the application for which you are developing a script.
- Application Browser Window.The window containing the browser where you develop and replay your script interactively.
- TruClient Sidebar Status Pane. A pane that displays status details about the active action in the TruClient Sidebar.