This section describes troubleshooting and limitations for running Vusers with HP Network Virtualization.
- For scenarios created with an earlier version of HP Network Virtualization (previously known as Shunra NV) such as 8.6, the bandwidth utilization measurement will only be represented in the graphs when the bandwidth is configured as Shared Bandwidth. If the bandwidth is configured as Individual Bandwidth, bandwidth utilization data will not appear.
For very large tests, the report generation time may be slow.
- If the HP Network Virtualization service is restarted during a scenario run, the network virtualization may fail. Check the service and restart the scenario run. For HP Network Virtualization specific limitations and system requirements, refer to its documentation, http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/network-virtualization/index.html.
- Monitoring over a firewall is not supported for scenarios with network virtualization.
- Network Virtualization integration does not comply with all of the accepted Internationalization (I18N) conventions.
- The Network Virtualization software may consume large amounts of memory, since the technology delays traffic and captures traffic for later analysis. To verify that the load generator machine has sufficient memory, compare the load generator memory consumption with and without the virtualization.
When running scenarios with virtual locations, Vusers must communicate with the application servers over IPv4. Network Virtualization emulation is not supported for IPv6 network traffic.
- Network Virtualization software integration is not supported for the Linux platform.
- You cannot run a scenario on the same load generator from two different Controller machines, if they both have Network Virtualization enabled.
- Locations names cannot contain non-English characters.
In Windows 7, if the number of open filters is exceeded, the Network Virtualization setup may fail. Solution: Increase the value of the registry key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\MaxNumFilters